Energy Efficiency Credit Programs
Sangre de Cristo Electric Association, Inc. and its power supplier, Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc., have teamed up to bring you rebates for installing heat pumps, water heaters, and Energy Star Appliances that meet the following requirements:
Energy Star Appliances
- Equipment shall be listed as Energy Star rated. Not all new appliances are Energy Star rated. Please verify your appliance is eligible for this program. A complete list of qualified equipment is available at www.energystar.gov.
- A copy of the receipt is required. An itemized sales receipt that shows the date of purchase, source of purchase, model number and proof of payment must be attached.
- Appliances must be electric and full-sized.
- In order to receive rebates for a dishwasher and/or washing machine you must have an electric hot water heater and sign and submit an Electric Water Heating Energy Star Rebate Program Requirement Form, which can be downloaded here.
- If requesting an additional rebate for a recycled appliance in conjunction with a new purchase, proof of recycle or haul-away must be included. (Note: Item must have been decommissioned to be eligible.)
- Credits are available to all end-use member classes.
- Credits cannot exceed the actual cost of the equipment for which credit is requested.
- Applies only to equipment that is purchased by an SDCEA member.
- Credit must be requested within 120 days of purchase.
- Applicants must be current on their electric bill.
- Installation must be in SDCEA's service area.
Energy Star Appliance Credit Amounts
$60/Unit Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling
$40 Clothes Washer Front load
$30 Clothes Washer Top load
$30 Clothes Dryer
To apply for an Energy Star appliance rebate, mail or scan and email a copy of the receipt and ensure that the make and model of the appliance is clearly identifiable. Include all necessary documentation, such as proof of recycling if applicable and the Electric Water Heating Energy Star Rebate Program Requirement Form if applicable.
If you have a copy of the yellow and black tag that was on the appliance and states that it is an Energy Star appliance please submit that as well.
Energy Star® LED Light Bulbs (Lamps)
500 Lumens or greater
Medium, GU24 or other residential/light commercial oriented base
Energy Star Qualified LED fixtures
Rebate is lower of:
$10 per lamp or fixture
50% of the lamp/fixture cost
Per account cap of 50 per year
To receive a rebate, submit a copy of the receipt and a specification sheet for the lamp/fixtures.
Must be Energy Star rated.
Applies to new or replacement electric water heaters.
Installation must be in SDCEA service area.
Credit must be requested within 120 days of installation.
Applicants must be current on their electric bill.
Credits cannot exceed the actual cost of the equipment for which credit is requested.
Water Heating Credit Amounts
$50 for 30 - 55 gallon with lifetime warranty
$30 for 30 - 55 gallon resistance water heater
Contact Sangre de Cristo Electric for rebate requirements and amounts.
You can mail the above items to:
Sangre de Cristo Electric Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 2013
Buena Vista, CO 81211
You can also scan and email the above items to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For commercial lighting rebates, please contact Mike Allen by phone at 719-395-2412 or 800-933-3823 or by email at email@example.com.
The rebate will be filed with Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association, Inc. for approval. When it is received by Sangre de Cristo Electric it will be posted to your account and appear as a credit on your bill in approximately 4-6 weeks.